Get informed about what services are available to you in your area.
The good news is that a great support network and world of help is available.
Some of the things to be excited about:
- White Cane and Mobility training
- New technologies and instruction
- Career preparation and education
- Professional assistance in getting services
- Organized activities and groups for networking
- At Almost Blind.org we recognize the wheel has already been invented and recommend that you take a look at the three websites below. Each organization has gathered lists of helpful information and has people available to guide you through this new stage of your life. Also, they have resources for families.
Three great places for education and support
National Federation of the Blind
Hadley institute for the Blind and Visually Impaired
American Council of the Blind